If you get the error “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.”, such a description in the properties of the video card has an error with code 43.
Solution 1: Reflash BIOS (video card overclocked)
If you have flashed bios on your video card, then in 99% of cases this causes problems with the driver’s signature, to fix the error, you just need to install a special patch.
Perform the following steps:
- Download the program AMD / ATI Pixel Clock Patcher from the official website of the developer. The latest version at the moment – 1.4.6
- Unpack the archive, then run atikmdag-patcher.exe
- If all the constraints are found (dialog box with the inscription “found” opposite each item), click “Yes”
Done, the error should disappear.
Solution 2: Driver software failure
If no actions were taken with the video card, then the probability of software failure is high. You can try the “Hardware and Device Troubleshooting Tool”. Or roll back the driver if there were no problems previously.
The best way: reinstall the drivers again. You need to remove the old drivers with all the registry entries, files and folders, as well as the registration keys, and then install the new mining drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) program, which will perform a thorough cleaning of the computer from the old drivers. Current version at the moment is 184.108.40.206
- Disable the Internet, because sometimes after removing video drivers, Windows Update can reinstall the driver without asking
- Run the program and reboot into “Safe Mode”. You can delete in normal mode, but for absolute certainty, Safe Mode is better
- Reboot your computer
- Next, you need to download and install special drivers for mining
- Reboot the computer a second time
Now everything should work fine!
Solution 3: Hardware problem
If none of the methods above helped, then only the variant with hardware malfunction of the equipment remains. In this case, take your equipment to the nearest service center for diagnosis.